Being exposed to household mold can result in a number of different symptoms, including headaches, difficulty breathing, mental fog, and even neurological pain. If you have these, or other related symptoms, it’s important to see a doctor right away. If treated, the effects can be successfully reversed. If left untreated, they can get rapidly worse and even lead to lifelong peripheral neuropathy. The symptoms can also be the sign of something far more serious, like cancer.
Dr. Cardamone has been seeing more and more patients with these vague, chronic, yet complex picture of pain and other symptoms and can help you determine if your symptoms may be related to a possible mold illness. It is important to keep a journal and explain all your symptoms, including how long you have been suffering and possible exposure to water damage/leaks, rodent infestations, or other non ideal workplace or home conditions, in order to help pinpoint your exact ailment. Dr. Cardamone will do a comprehensive physical exam and may order additional testing or refer you to a specialist. Once mold is determined as the culprit through testing or referral to a mold inspection expert, you will need to be sure to take proper steps together with a remediation expert to remove all evidence of mold from your home or workplace.
Dr. Cardamone offers unique treatment options for mold related pain such as Prolozone and Lyftogt PIT but she will also ensure that you are being systemically treated for mold by a specialist to ensure optimal recovery.